Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Nouvelle Vague's second helping

Nouvelle Vague are set to release their second album "Bande Apart" on Peacefrog in the end of June. They continue covering cult-80's pop hits in their unique lounge/folk/bossanova style.

You can't help but feel a bit nostlagic as you indentify one 80's hit after another as you flow from track to track. This is definitly one of these albums that will get entire cafés humming and singing along this summer.

I feel like I must at least mention a few tracks that get covered on this album, so here's a short list of my favourites:
  • Echo and the Bunnymen "Killing Moon" (mp3)
  • Buzzcocks "Ever Fallen in Love"
  • Billy Idol "Dancing with myself"
  • New Order "Blue Monday"
  • Visage "Fade to Grey"
In case you were wondering "Nouvelle Vague" is french for "New Wave", and portugese for Bossa Nova.

There are some tracks from both Nouvelle Vague albums that you can listen to on their website as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ADORE the cover of The Killing Moon, and I am pleasantly amused by the translations...

Life is so very, very good...

And I've just realised the reason that song sounds so lush is cos they dropped it to 3 beats a bar!

Sweet.