Thursday, March 05, 2009

Grizzly Bear - While you wait for the other

I'm just sooo into Twitter at the moment. So well, when Edward Droste of Grizzly Bear tweets about the new album being leaked, I just had to check it out.

While these DIY we-live-in-solitude-in-the-woods-bands like Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes and Grizzly Bear (and a lot of others in lumberjack shirts) back each other up big time, this album should be huge. Fleet Foxes’ Robin Pecknold has already called it “the album of the 00s.' - If I really was a teenager - i'm not (courtesy of me) - i'd be stupidly exited when someone like Robin Pecknold said stuff like that. Instead I'm just a tiny bit exited, because I really dug Yellow House, which is a beautiful creative album. AND I've just heard 'Ready, Able' from the new album which is just pure bliss - i love it already.

Rumours are that new album Veckatimest, which should officially should release in three month time, is insanely good. But hey, we'll wait and check it out by then. Or find it on a torrent. Wha'eva. Now we are a part of the hype.

By the way remember to follow Indie Laundry on Twitter


No comments: