Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Kula Shaker disguised as Bruce Lee mp3

I don't know about you, but I had quite an addiction to Kula Shaker when they released K back in 1996. I loved the organ riffs and their instrumental skills making some of the singles excellent blasts of colorful neo-psychedelia. In the long run, I was kind of annoyed by all the mysticism and Indian spirituality and the record ended way back in my collection. In fact I began to hate the band. Too much repeating on the Sanskrit-textet Tattva and organ-driven Govinda too me, but now this band might win me back - at least for a while.
I dug into the news that they are putting Strangefolk out in august. And by the looks of the top notch video Second Sight I'm pretty pleased. Also about the music. It takes me back to the 90's post-britpop era reminding me of Hurrican #1 and still twists with phychedelia swirling guitars. The video and music of Second Sight combined gives me strong associations to the late 60's music and to none other than Austin Power! Their new take on the tune shows ironi and humour and that is enough for me to embrace them once more. Just for the fun of it, because I don't ever think that I will be a fullblown Kula Shaker fan. But, you go Crispian Mills in you Bruce Lee Enter The Dragon-style!

Note: While googling around I found that the British political magazine Open Eye in the spring of 1997 denounced Mills as one of Britain's "New Age Nazis", revealing that Mills' unsuccessful previous band, the Objects of Desire, had used the motto "England will rise again", and had performed at a 1993 conference at Wembley called "Global Deception" where speakers included the anti-semitic propagandist Eustace Mullins and the American writer and conspiracy theorist William Cooper. Link here. Well, just if you're interested!

  • Kula Shaker - Second Sight


  • No comments: