Friday, December 01, 2006

Andrew Bird nervous tic mp3 live

Nothing new in this posting but a growing interest in this Andrew Bird guy. Quite a few times my internet-trail has passed that of Andrew Bird - a complete multitalented musician - so I decided to look a bit into it and post some of his stuff.
I've just listent to a few of his tracks from his latest album 'Andrew Bird & the Mysterious Production of Eggs' from 2005. He kind of catches me. He is a classically trained violinist but dips into all kind of genres; Gypsy music, jazz, Brazilian sounds and the blues. And that does it for me today.
Andrew Bird is quite a good whistler and he does that. He also plays with tapeloops, glockespiel, violin and what else he has at hand. Listen below to his highly melodic and sadly beautiful track and maybe check out the concert from Paradiso, Amsterdam. I come to think of Jeff Buckley, Devandra Barnhart, Arcade Fire and Rufus Wainwright. And that's a nice thing to think about.


  • Andrew Bird - Sovay
  • Andrew Bird - Nervous tic motion of the head to the left
  • No comments: