Saturday, May 13, 2006

Automatic mix tape generator

Over at Tinymixtapes they've got some pretty interessting playlist-requesting going on. They encourage people to send in a style, genre, word, phrase, emotion, or whatever else. Then somebody might do a mix tracklisting out of it.
Personally I'm all into the the whole business about usergenerated playlists and my guess is that its the next big thing coming around the corner. The automatic mix tape generator is just fun, but playlist communities is growing bigger by the day. It's the new black. I'll get back to this in a later post.

Examples of headlines on TinyMixTape:
"Songs to help me get through a bus ride full of 12 year old pimps and punks."
"I've just taken a really fat line of Charlie and now don't know what to listen to....errrrrrrrrrrr....help" Charlie being cocaine...
"Single fathers unite. A mix to reassure it's cool if you're a stay at home dad."
"You make me want to do naughty things to you in public."
ETC.

No comments: